Five things you should consider for your settlement agreement about your children:
1) Include a provision for medical and mental health, i.e. therapy, a psychologist or a psychiatrist.
2) Include a clause for after school or high school sports. Who will determine if your child can play varsity football or not?
3) Who is in charge of Driver’s Ed? Is your child getting a car when the child obtains his drivers license? Will the offer of a new car be used for you or against you?
4) Where will your child be for your Birthday? Will they be with you and for how long? Two hours? the day? the weekend?
5) Include the area of education. Who is in charge of determining if your child needs a tutor? who will be choosing the tutor, and who is paying for it?