Proper behavior in the courthouse is crucial for your case. Remember these suggestions before you enter the courtroom.
Ten suggestions for a Court appearance:
1) Arrive on time.
2) Dress appropriately.
3) Turn off your phone.
4) Take off your hat.
5) Don’t chew gum.
6) Stand when the Judge enters.
7) Listen and follow directions of the Court officer.
8) If you have an Attorney, let him or her talk for you.
9) Do not talk to the judge unless you are told by your attorney that you can talk.
10) When the Court issues an order, follow it. The order is not a suggestion; it is an order.