In matrimonial and family court the parties are required to be in court. In Part 2 of our series, here are 5 things to remember next time you’re in the courtroom for your case. For more information call The Law Office of Janice Roven.
1) Unless you are there for a time certain, be prepared to wait.
2) When in front of the Judge be respectful. You will probably have this Judge for the life of the case. Let your attorney do the talking.
3) Do not bring the children to Court unless directed as such.
4) Do not tell the children what happened in Court.
5) Do not be aggressive towards your spouse. Assume the Judge observes everything.