In matrimonial and family court the parties are required to be in court. Here are 5 things to remember next time you’re in the courtroom for your case. Call Janice for help with your case.
1) Dress appropriately. This is not a party nor is it the park. Judges and the other attorneys notice your clothing and jewelry. If you are pleading poverty and require more child support or want to pay less child support, don’t walk in wearing a Rolex.
2) Do not take calls when you are in the court room.
3) Do not take pictures or video the proceedings.
4) Do not talk when you are waiting. If you have to talk go outside of the courtroom.
5) If an officer in the court room tells you to do something, do it. They are there to keep order and protect Judge.