Experienced & Compassionate Legal Guidance  schedule your consultation today

Immigration law in manhattan

The process of immigration can be long and daunting with the amount of administrative paperwork and requirements involved. Whether you are seeking status as a temporary visitor, permanent resident, citizenship, or defense against removal proceedings the Roven Law Group possesses extensive knowledge and experience to aid you every step of the way. We strive to provide the best personal and professional services to our clients.

Visa Types

B-1 for Business — for certain nonimmigrants who are visiting the U.S. for permissible business activities.

B-2 for Pleasure or Medical Treatment — for tourism, social visits, certain medical treatments, and participation in amateur sports, music, and similar events.

F-1 (Exchange) — for students entering the U.S. to participate in a full course of study at an accredited school or university.

H1B Visa — allows foreign nationals to work in the U.S. in a “specialty occupation” for a temporary period.

L-1 Visa — for the transfer of executives, managers, and employees in a specialized knowledge position within multinational companies.

U Visas — for individuals who have suffered substantial mental or physical injury as victims of crime in the United States may qualify to remain temporarily in the country to assist law enforcement and provide testimony against the perpetrator.

Permanent Resident (Green Card)

Family Based — for immediate relatives such as spouses, parents, and children of U.S. citizens (unmarried and under the 21 years old) and preference relatives such as unmarried children (any age) of U.S. citizens, spouses and unmarried children of Legal Permanent Residents, married children of U.S. citizens and siblings of U.S. citizens.

Work Authorization — A temporary work authorization card for individuals with pending applications for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident.

Remove Conditions — for marriage based green card holders who were married less than 2 years prior to obtaining their status, an application must be filed to remove the temporary conditions on their green card.

Employment Based — for employees here on H1B or L-1 visas seeking to adjust their status to Legal Permanent Residents under the sponsorship of their employers.


Naturalization — for Legal Permanent Residents seeking to become U.S. Citizens and have 5 years in permanent resident status (3 years if married to the U.S. Citizen who filed original immigrant petition) and continuity of residence in the United States, and good moral character standards.

Defense against Removal/Deportation Proceedings

Removal/deportation proceedings are initiated when a person is caught entering the country illegally (either without inspection or with fake documents), when they overstay their visas, or when they are convicted of certain crimes.

get in touch with us today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.