Our team recognizes that protracted family law conflicts are emotionally taxing. One of our goals at Roven Law Group, P.C. is to help you move through the applicable legal processes as efficiently and painlessly as possible.Contact US Today
Manhattan Divorce Lawyer
Experienced & Compassionate Legal Guidance throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, & Staten Island
If you are facing a family law conflict, you want to do everything you can to protect your rights and the best interests of your children. Putting a capable legal advocate in your corner can help you obtain the favorable outcome you and your loved ones deserve. Our family legal services in Manhattan are designed to provide the guidance you need to overcome the difficulties of divorce and other family law disputes.
We have been where you are, and we understand the difficult moment you are experiencing. We have over 35 years of legal experience and know what is at sake. Our firm has a strong record of helping individuals and families navigate divorce, including both simple and contentious cases. Our Manhattan family law attorneys at Roven Law Group, P.C. are ready to offer you the empathetic and effective representation you need to achieve your goals and move forward with your life.
Our Manhattan family lawyers recognize that protracted family law conflicts are emotionally taxing. One of our goals at Roven Law Group, P.C. is to help you move through the applicable legal processes as efficiently and painlessly as possible. Our legal services are designed to provide the guidance you need to overcome the difficulties of divorce and other family law disputes.
We know what is at stake and are ready to fight for you. Schedule an initial consultation with our Manhattan family law attorneys by calling (646) 787-1433 or contacting us online.
Areas of Practice
“She gives great legal advice and works to make sure that she wins the case. I would recommend her to anyone that has legal issues.” - Melvin P.
“I would highly recommend them for any legal matters.” - Jennifer R.
“Janice is the best. Available, brilliant, tactical. She provided support, wisdom and good advice whenever it was needed.” - Aaron S.
“I can't be more appreciative” - Linda C.
“Roven Law group did an excellent job...” - Jen O.
A Law Firm Built on Strength, Compassion, & the Wisdom of Experience
While we recognize that uncertainty is inherent to these conflicts, we hope to assuage your anxieties and provide you with the confidence of knowing your case is in good hands. You will work directly with our Manhattan family lawyer, Janice G. Roven, Esq., and benefit from her many decades of experience. No matter the situation, we will remain level-headed, help you cut through the noise, and fight for your desired outcome.
Our Manhattan family law attorneys can represent you in cases involving:
- Divorce: Our Manhattan divorce lawyers know the ins and outs of New York divorce proceedings and will advocate for your interests at every step of the way.
- Child Custody and Visitation. Our Manhattan family lawyers will work to secure a custody and visitation arrangement that protects the well-being of your children.
- Spousal Support. We will evaluate your circumstances and pursue a just spousal maintenance award.
- Child Support. We can help you understand how base child support obligations are calculated in New York and can assist you with negotiating a fair arrangement.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements. Our Manhattan family law attorneys can draft prenuptial agreements that reflect your goals. We can also analyze existing agreements and determine their enforceability and impact.
- Domestic Violence. If you or a loved one are the victims of domestic abuse, we can help you seek an order of protection and explore all other available legal remedies.
- Equitable Distribution. We will fight to ensure you get your fair share of marital property and can utilize forensic experts to identify any concealed assets.
Additional Service Areas
Our team also regularly assists clients in cases that do not involve family law. We can help you protect your legacy and loved ones through estate planning, facilitate your American Dream through our immigration services, and resolve conflicts involving construction law. No matter your legal needs, our firm can offer the tailored attention and skilled advocacy you need to succeed.
What Are the Grounds for Divorce in New York?
In the state of New York, there are several grounds for seeking a divorce. These include:
- Irretrievable Breakdown: If a couple has been living apart continuously for at least six months and both parties agree to seek a divorce, this is known as an “irretrievable breakdown” and can be used as a ground for divorce.
- Cruel and Inhuman Treatment: A spouse can be divorced if they have subjected their partner to "cruel and inhuman treatment" which is endangering their health or safety. To qualify as grounds for divorce, this cruelty must have occurred within the past five years.
- Abandonment: Legally, abandonment occurs when one spouse completely disregards their marital obligations for more than one year due to incarceration or absenteeism.
- Adultery: In New York, adultery can be used as grounds for divorce if one partner has had sexual relations outside of the marriage before filing.
Our Manhattan Divorce Lawyer Can Help
The compassionate Manhattan divorce attorneys here at Roven Law Group, P.C. understand how difficult going through divorce can be for a family and how complicated the New York divorce process can be. With over 35 years of experience, our Manhattan divorce lawyers are knowledgable of New York divorce laws and exceptionally qualified to help guide you through the process.
Contact us online or call (646) 787-1433 to start exploring your legal options with our experienced Manhattan divorce lawyer. Payment plans are available.